Easy to cook, one pot meal made from bean mix, barley, organic Moong Dal, red lentils, dehydrated vegetables and spices.
Bean mix: Organic Pinto beans, Lima beans, Navy beans, White beans, Black beans, Pink beans, Northern beans and Garbanzo beans
Organic Moong Dal, Red Lentils.
Spices: Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Cumin powder, Black Pepper, Garlic cloves, Bay Leaf and Salt.
Dehydrated veggies: Carrots, Peas, Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Celery flakes, Green beans, Parsley
Cooking in Insta Pot:
* Add oil (or ghee) to Insta Pot in Saute Mode.
* Add spices and veggies, saute for 3-4 minutes
* Add barley, lentils, beans and 4 cups of water
* Optional 2 cups of vegetable broth
* In multi-grain mode cook for 16 minutes.
* Cool down for 10 mins, release the pressure
* Add water if needed for consistency and serve
Cooking on Stove Top:
* Soak for 2 hrs and follow the same cooking instructions as above.
8 oz Serves 4.
According to Ayurveda, barley is an excellent diuretic, which cures urinary tract infections (UTI) and also helps the body to keep cool during the summers. Lentils are full of polyphenols, high in protein, iron, fiber, folic acid and magnesium.