Easy to cook, one pot meal made from mixed lentils, Moong Dal, organic Rice, dehydrated vegetables and spices.
Mixed Lentils : Red Lentils, Split Green Moong Dal, Channa Dal, Urad Dal, Moong Dal and Organic rice
Spices: Turmeric, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Chilli Powder,
Astefodia, Salt and Pepper
Dehydrated Vegetables: Peas,Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Carrots, Corn, Green beans
Cooking in Insta Pot:
* Add oil (or ghee) to Insta Pot in Saute Mode.
* Add spices and veggies, saute for 3-4 minutes
* Add mixed Lentils, Moong Dal, Rice, 4 cups of water
* In multi-grain mode cook for 16 minutes.
* Cool down for 10 mins, release the pressure and serve
Cooking on Stove Top:
* Soak for 2 hrs and follow the same cooking instructions as above.
8 oz. Serves 4
Store in cool and dry place.
Lentils are full of polyphenols, high in protein, iron, fiber, folic acid and magnesium. The rice and lentil combination in khichdi helps give the right mix of , dietary fiber, and protein. This gluten free simple vegetarian meal has all 10 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source.
Video of a Recipe: