Easy to cook, one pot meal made from red lentils and spices.
Red lentil dal, tempered with Indian spices that can be enjoyed with rice. Infused with cumin, oregano, and rosemary. Finished with a bright splash of lemon juice and fresh parsley. Keep it vegan, or add a sprinkle of salty feta, if you like.
Spices: Red paprika, Turmeric, Cumin, Garam masala, Lemon Zest, Pepper and Salt.
Cooking in Insta Pot:
* Add oil (or ghee) to Insta Pot in Saute Mode.
* Add spices and optional veggies, saute for 3-4 minutes
* Add 1 cup red lentils, 4 cups of water
* Optional 2 cups of vegetable broth
* In multi-grain mode cook for 16 minutes.
* Cool down for 10 mins, release the pressure
* Add water if needed for consistency, stir and serve
Cooking on Stove Top:
* Soak for 2 hrs and follow the same cooking instructions as above.
8 oz. Serves 4